DURGA PUJA this weekend (No upload of regular stuffs but live stuffs of the festival)


Hi Friends,

After the completion of "Mahalaya" the countdown has begun.

Today is "Chaturthi" & all the warmth & excitement starts from "Shoshti" during Durga Puja.
Durga Puja is one of the biggest festivals in India (specially in Eastern India: which includes West Bengal, Tripura, Assam, Jharkhand etc. & also celebrated in rest of India).
Durga Puja depicts a tale of virtue winning over evil with Maa Durga demolishing the demon "Mahishasura".
So she is called by "Mahishasuramardini".

It is celebrated with a lot of zeal, pandals are created ("Theme Pujas" popular in Kolkata) & people from various age group & also from various parts visit those pandals to sight Durga Maa's Idol.
The Festival ends in "Dashami" when the Idols are immersed in waters.


I wanted to inform my readers about it as basically I have Indian readers who know about it, but have Global Readers too who aren't aware of the rituals.

Also, I announce that this weekend I won't be releasing any stuff but will upload photos clicked my me of Pandals which I will visit. Though, I don't visit much Pandals, still will try to upload as much as I can.

Our Locality (Club) also organizes Durga Puja, and I will provide regular updates on the day to day activities that will happen there so that many readers & get the feeling & touch of Durga Puja.


So all my readers, visit my Blog as total love will spread throughout in this festive occasion.

Regards,
Kishore Kumar Banerjee


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UPDATE 2: DURGA PUJA PANDAL (NON-THEME)

A Basic Introduction about your own poet Kishore

"RAMA & HEERA (THE SNAKE)"